Play online blackjack real money games in New Zealand at the best online casinos.
We reviewed blackjack online casinos and have shortlisted casinos offering a range of perks, including bonuses and a wide range of games.
If you don’t know how to play, you must start with the free online blackjack games at the below casinos. However, online blackjack games remain similar to land-based casino games.
Online casinos also offer live dealer blackjack games for interactive live-streaming gaming. As promised, the best real money sites to play the best blackjack games online are below.
Top Online Blackjack Real Money Casinos
How to Play Blackjack Online for Real Money
If you already know how to play blackjack, you don’t really need to study how to play blackjack online. Online blackjack is no different from the 21 games originating from actual casino venues. The blackjack experience may differ, but the aim of the game is exactly the same. We’ve created a step-by-step guide for real money blackjack beginners. In the steps below, we will show you how to play online blackjack for real money.
Real Money Blackjack Rules
- To start playing, you must first wager on the upcoming round. After bets are placed, blackjack players and the dealer will receive two cards. The only difference is that the dealer has one card facing down and plays last.
- Kiwi blackjack bettors will then have to decide whether to hit or stand based on their own hand and what hand they think the dealer has.
- Blackjack players end their rounds either by standing or busting. Once you decide to stand, it means you are satisfied with your hand. If you bust, it means you have gone over 21, and you lose the round immediately.
- If blackjack players did stand, the dealer will reveal his face down card and calculate if he needs to hit to try and beat the player’s hand. If the dealer busts or cannot equal or beat the hand of the player, he loses. Another way to result in an immediate win for Kiwi blackjack bettors or dealers is to get a natural blackjack. This hand consists of any card with a value of 10 and an Ace from the first two cards dealt.
Types of Online Blackjack NZ Games
Online casino games don’t come more entertaining than when you play blackjack online. These real money games come in a range of variations. All blackjack games follow the same objective. They just have slightly different rules or gameplay. The best NZ blackjack online games include the following:
Atlantic City Blackjack Online
This is one of the most rewarding blackjack games you can get online. Blackjack players can play up to eight simultaneous hands for extraordinary payout potential.
Bonus Blackjack Online
Bonus online blackjack is one of the most rewarding variants of all the games, as it offers higher payouts. Play this exciting blackjack real money variation at the best online casinos today.
Classic Blackjack Online
Classic blackjack is just the game for those who prefer the traditional blackjack online game. Play the blackjack card game the way it was always meant to be played. So, get your blackjack hand ready to play the original blackjack.
Double Exposure Blackjack Online
Double exposure breaks the rules of every blackjack experience you’ve ever had. The player and the dealer’s initial hand are dealt face-up with this game. This allows players to see what the dealer has versus what they have.
European Blackjack Gold
European blackjack gold uses slightly different rules but has the same aim. The main change to the game is that you can split up into three hands. However, you can only receive one more card when you split an Ace. Aces cannot be re-split as well.
Live Dealer Blackjack Online
Live dealer blackjack brings the future to the now and the actual casino table to your home or mobile screen. This is because live dealer blackjack tables are streamed live through a video feed, allowing players to interact with the dealer. At the best online casinos, you don’t need to download any other blackjack app software to play live dealer games. All you need is a good internet connection and a PC or smartphone device to access online gaming software from your online blackjack casino of choice.
Online Blackjack Tips
Before you can even think of playing real money blackjack online, you need to be equipped with the game strategy. We have highlighted some of the online blackjack strategies below, but before then, let’s take a look at the online blackjack tips:
Understand the Rules
Get acquainted with the specific rules of the particular blackjack variation you’re playing. Rules can vary slightly between different online casinos and game variations.
Choose the Right Online Casino
Select a reputable online casino with fair blackjack games and favourable rules. Check for bonuses and promotions that can enhance your bankroll.
Use free online blackjack games or demo modes to practice and refine your skills without risking real money.
Manage Your Bankroll
Establish a predetermined budget for your blackjack sessions and adhere to it steadfastly. Refrain from pursuing losses and recognise the moment to exit the game.
Know Basic Blackjack Strategy
Learn basic blackjack strategy, which provides a set of optimal moves based on your hand and the dealer’s upcard. This strategy is built on mathematical probabilities and minimises the house edge. We expand on the basic blackjack strategy.
Developing a solid strategy is crucial when playing online blackjack. The objective is to beat the dealer’s hand without going over 21. Here’s a basic blackjack strategy to help improve your chances of winning:
Hit or Stand
Use the following guidelines for hitting (taking another card) or standing (keeping your current hand):
Hard Totals (No Ace):
- 8 or less: Always hit.
- 9: Hit if the dealer has 3-6; otherwise, double down.
- 10 or 11: Double down if it’s more than the dealer’s upcard; otherwise, hit.
- 12-16: Hit if the dealer has 7 or higher; otherwise, stand.
- 17 or higher: Always stand.
Soft Totals (With an Ace):
- Soft 17 or lower: Always hit.
- Soft 18: Hit if the dealer has 9, 10, or Ace; otherwise, double down.
- Soft 19 or higher: Always stand.
- Aces and 8s: Always split.
- 2s, 3s, 7s, and 9s: Split against specific dealer upcards.
- 4s, 5s, and 10s: Never split.
Doubling Down and Splitting
Utilize doubling down and splitting wisely. These options can increase your potential winnings.
- Double down when you have a strong hand (e.g., 10 or 11) and the dealer has a weak upcard (e.g., 2-6).
- Split pairs of Aces and 8s.
- Split pairs of 2s and 3s against dealer’s 4-7.
- Split pairs of 6s against dealer’s 2-6.
- Avoid splitting 4s, 5s, and 10s.
Advanced Blackjack Strategy
If you’re an experienced player, you may consider learning card counting techniques, which can provide an edge in certain situations. However, due to multiple decks and frequent shuffling, card counting is challenging and may not be practical in online blackjack games.
- High-Low System: The High-Low system assigns values to cards. Low cards (2-6) are assigned a value of +1, neutral cards (7-9) are assigned 0, and high cards (10-Ace) are assigned -1. You keep a running count of these values as the cards are dealt and adjust your bets and playing decisions accordingly.
- True Count: To account for the number of decks in play, you divide the running count by the estimated number of decks remaining in the shoe to get the true count. This helps you make more accurate betting decisions.
- Bet Spreading: Card counters often increase their bets when the count is favourable and decrease them when it’s not. This is known as bet spreading and helps maximise profits while minimising losses.
Blackjack Online Free Games
We invite you to play free online blackjack games at the best real money blackjack casinos before committing to real money gambling. Playing free blackjack games provides a risk-free way to enhance your skills and have a great time while doing so.
Free blackjack games are thus an ideal way to perfect your strategy and learn the game’s rules for novices. Top online casinos offer various blackjack variants and other popular casino games in their free game sections. This allows you to explore different game versions with unique rules and strategies. Trying out these variants for free can be both educational and entertaining.
Free online games are an excellent preparation phase for those who eventually transition to playing real money blackjack. You can build the confidence and expertise required to make the leap to real-money play with a solid understanding of the game.
How We Rate the Best Online Blackjack Sites
When it comes to rating the best online blackjack casinos in New Zealand, we consider several essential criteria to ensure a quality gaming experience. Here’s how we conduct our evaluations:
- Security and Licensing: We place the highest importance on player safety. We verify that the casino is licensed and regulated by a reputable gaming authority. Protecting players’ personal and financial data is also a key consideration.
- Variety of Blackjack Games: A good blackjack casino should offer a variety of games, including different blackjack variants such as classic blackjack, live blackjack, and other exciting options.
- Software Quality: We assess the quality of the gaming software used by the casino. High-quality graphics, a user-friendly interface, and smooth gameplay are essential for an enjoyable experience.
- Bonuses and Promotions: We examine the bonus offers and promotions available to players. Generous welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions can enhance the value of playing at a particular casino.
- Payment Options: We look at the range of payment methods available to players in New Zealand. A good casino should offer various secure and convenient deposit and withdrawal options.
- Customer Support: Responsive and knowledgeable customer support is crucial. We evaluate the availability of customer support channels, response times, and the helpfulness of support agents.
- Mobile Compatibility: In today’s world, mobile gaming is essential. We assess whether the casino offers a mobile-friendly platform or dedicated mobile apps for playing blackjack on smartphones and tablets.
- Reputation and Player Feedback: We consider the casino’s reputation and consider player feedback and reviews. A positive track record and satisfied players are indicative of a reliable casino.
- Fairness and Transparency: We ensure that the casino promotes fair play and transparency. This includes evaluating the fairness of the games and the casino’s commitment to responsible gambling practices.
Basic Online Blackjack Casino Terms
- Card counting: A strategy blackjack players use to keep count of what cards have been played and the probability of what could still be dealt. Most possible with a single deck.
- Double down: When you double your bet after receiving the first two cards in exchange for committing to stand after receiving one more card.
- Hit: This action is used by players who want to request another card to add to their hand.
- Hole card: This is the dealer’s face-down card in most blackjack games.
- Insurance: When the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, an insurance bet may be placed to protect the player from the dealer’s burn card being any 10.
- Natural blackjack refers to a hand made of any 10-card and an Ace card.
- Stand: When a player is satisfied with their hand, they will stand and not ask for another card.
Blackjack Online FAQ’s
Blackjack is a card game where players are expected to acquire cards totalling 21 and above. Players win at blackjack when they get a total of 21 or more points than the dealer. Natural Blackjack is a special combination that allows players a guarantee of winning if they have a card valued at 10 or the Ace.
No matter the type of blackjack you play, the dealer will give you 2 cards, and both the cards face-up. Blackjack rules are constant for each type of game.
Players can only split each time they get two cards with the same value. By splitting, players are enhancing the chances to win because they will have 2 hands against the dealer’s one. Splitting when you have two 8’s or at Aces is advisable. You will get one more card for each hand with the Ace and then continue the game with 2 hands separately.
Although it is common that the house will win, it is inaccurate to assume that blackjack is rigged in favour of the casino. The best casino sites use a rigorously audited RNG to ensure the games are fair and secure.
Surrendering in a blackjack game means that players choose to fold their cards and then lose a portion of their bet instead of losing the entire bet. Players generally surrender when they realize they have a slim chance of winning.
Blackjack has various card values. Kings, Queens, and Jacks are always equal to 10, while the ones from two to 10 are valued as on indexes. Valued as one or 11, and the strategy card is an Ace. If you want to learn more about the terms used in blackjack, refer to the guide our team has put together. We have listed all the necessary terms that you need to get started on the game of blackjack.
Counting cards in online blackjack is technically possible but exceedingly difficult. Online casinos often employ multiple decks, continuous shuffling, and random number generators, rendering card counting strategies less effective.
It has been proven over the years that this method can make players good money, and although it might seem illegal, but card counting system is legal. This practice requires some intellectual effort. Some casinos do, however, disregard card counting.
The number of decks used in online blackjack can vary depending on the specific online casino and the variant of blackjack being played. However, it’s common for online blackjack games to use multiple decks, typically six to eight decks. Check the rules and information provided by the online casino you’re playing at, as they will specify the number of decks used in their blackjack games.
In most cases, players double when they have hard 8,9,10 and 11. They double when the player has soft 13 with Ace and 2 or soft 18 with Ace and 7. Doubling down has some general rules. Players always have to look at the basic strategy chart to ensure they are taking the necessary steps.
Live dealer blackjack is played online and not at a land-based casino. Players enjoy the game from the comfort of their homes with just the live dealer on the device screen. Players get to interact with the live dealer via the device and can decide to stop the game as soon as they want.
Generally, table games have a low house edge; the same can be said about blackjack. 21 is one of the lowest percentages it can go when playing blackjack. Blackjack starts at the house edge at 5%, which can be reduced to 1%. The house edge depends on the strategy that is used to win, as well as the time spent playing the game.
More Popular Gambling Guides
- Pokies Online
- Online Bingo
- Keno Online
- Online Lottery
- Baccarat Online
- Scratch Cards
- Online Craps
- Video Poker
- Online Roulette
- Live Dealer Casinos