Online bingo is a casino game where players mark off numbers randomly drawn on a bingo card until there’s a winner. Bingo online sites remain popular digitally as they are at community bingo halls around New Zealand. This is largely due to the social aspect that bingo games evoke. Tons of the best bingo sites NZ flooding the net of late. We review bingo casinos on the internet for Kiwi players that search for the best bingo sites NZ. Kiwi gamblers can also find free online bingo win real money no deposit websites with relative ease. New Zealanders will be familiar with how to play the game. Likened to the lottery, the draw of numbered balls means the game is reliant on luck more than skill. Find out more about the game and how bingo works online in our guide.
Online Bingo NZ features several variants of the game that you can enjoy. Our team of expert have carefully reviewed the best bingo sites that offer bingo games in their different forms. Our shortlist features bingo apps online for mobile users that want to enjoy the game on the go. Software providers create bingo games that are compatible with the most popular mobile devices. Once you sign up at a bingo site that we recommend, you can claim an online bingo bonus. Register at any top NZ online casino sites that we recommend and enjoy the fun-filled game online.
Best Online Bingo Sites NZ[table id=1 /]
How to Play Online Bingo
Bingo is one of the easiest gambling games to learn how to play, with minimal rules and straightforward gameplay. Kiwi gamblers will buy a bingo card with a square-shaped block. Some of the squares will be filled with numbers while others will be free (depending on the chosen bingo variant). The bingo numbers will be generated automatically online, with corresponding numbers being scratched off the ticket until you fill the bingo card. If you are not playing on the internet, here’s what you need to do to learn how bingo works:
- Step 1: buy a bingo ticket at a local casino or store.
- Step 2: the aim is to get a full house (every number on the card in a particular pattern).
- Step3: players are required to scratch off numbers that have been called out. Playing at a bingo online casino, this process will happen automatically.
- Step 4: once all squares are completed, you need to scream out BINGO fast to claim the jackpot prize.
Types of Online Bingo Games
In total, the social gambling game has three main variations that are popular in New Zealand. They are all unique to the next, with the number of bingo balls and tickets used being the most obvious distinction. Here are the most popular bingo variations listed below:
30 Ball Bingo
A more basic version of American Bingo, it features 3×3 squared diagram on the bingo ticket. In order to claim the jackpot prize, gamblers have to match the numbers on the ticket as they are being called out. 30 Ball bingo online for money tends to be much faster than the land-based bingo hall version, as the numbers are generated using an RNG and there are not as many balls.
90 Ball Bingo
Also known as British Bingo, it is the most popular variation of the game. The internet bingo ticket will be represented by a 9×3 grid format with each line featuring five numbers. The best real money online bingo games announce numbers randomly, and players have to complete the lines in the shortest time possible.
75 Ball Bingo
This is the extended version of American Bingo; the ticket features a 5×5 card grid with a free square in the centre. Our recommended internet bingo rooms cater for players to play single-mode, and as a result, multi-player mode does not exist.
NZ Online Bingo Tips to Win
When playing bingo online for real money, you have to employ some kind of strategy in order to win. Simply playing without any discernible approach will result in losses. There’re free mobile bingo games to enjoy too while you practice all the tips and tricks that we recommend. Follow this strategy guide from seasoned gamblers to win every time:
- Kiwi players should make sure that they sign up at legit bingo sites. This is important because players should always look at the return to player percentage to measure their chances of winning. Bingo websites that are licensed with a reputable regulating authority are regularly tested for fairness and randomness.
- Always seek free internet bingo games with a no deposit bonus to try out new strategies. Our recommended NZ bingo sites have free games no download needed to play.
- Players should establish a limit of the amount of bankroll that you are going to use when gambling as it is easy to get carried away.
- Make sure that you understand the different terms used in the game. Since bingo gambling sites are very quick, it is essential not to play for real money when still learning the ropes.
Online Bingo Hall History
The first time bingo was played was in the 16th century in Italy. At the time, it was known as ‘Lo Giuoco del Lotto d’Italia’, and it continues to be referred to as such today. The game of bingo quickly gained popularity and spread through Europe, first reaching the shores of France in the 1770s. The name of the game was changed to ‘Le Lotto’, but it didn’t change too much in terms of gameplay.
Bingo games travelled across the Pacific to America in 1929, though the game they played is totally different from the game of bingo that we enjoy today. Affectionately referred to as Beano at the time, it was now played on a 5×5 card and upon completion of the card, players would shout Bingo! The latter years of the 20th century saw the development of a much more sophisticated bingo card, with Edwin Lowe roping in the services of
Carl Leffler. Leffler was a math professor that designed the bingo cards with different patterns and numbers. The game expanded very quickly around the world, and could no longer be limited to community halls and churches. With the advent of interent gambling, bingo gambling games were now available on the internet.
Online Bingo NZ Terminology
- Bingo Board – The bingo board reflects the platform that displays the called numbers in the game. In bingo online casino games, the board is displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Bubble – The minimum amount of numbers needed to win the game. In most bingo games, the bubble is five.
- Dauber – Refers to the apparatus used to mark off the called numbers in land-based bingo halls. In bingo, this is usually done automatically by the software or can be done using the computer mouse.
- Blackout – a situation in which all the numbers are daubed on the Bingo card.
- Buy-In – Relates to the number of tickets bought at the beginning of each Bingo session.
- Free Space – The space in the middle of the bingo card that acts as any number that completes a winning combination.
- Caller – a is the person calling out the numbers in land-based bingo halls.
Online Bingo FAQs
Is online bingo legal?
In New Zealand, online bingo is legal to play at web casinos that are licensed with the appropriate authorities. Our bingo reviews check the suitability of the gambling site before we recommend it to our players.
Can I play free online bingo games for fun?
There are tons of free online bingo games to try out on the internet before you can play for money. Top NZ casinos offer free online bingo games with no deposit bonus to Kiwi players to practice. Once players understand how the game is played, they can play bingo for money online.