Baccarat has evolved tremendously since the gambling card game was first played in the 1300s. The biggest evolution took place when the baccarat casino game was brought to online casino sites. This is where players can both learn how to play baccarat online for free or for real money. Playing online baccarat for real money involves risk because you are betting with your own actual cash. However, when you play free baccarat online, there’s no danger attached to losing. This is because you aren’t using real cash, but are instead playing with demo credits, which allows you to learn the game while you play.
Baccarat has long been regarded as a pastime for the affluent society. Now you can join the elite society playing the card game online. Bettors have the option of choosing between three popular online baccarat real money games, all offering a unique gaming experience. NZ players can pick Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque. We have described some of the tips and strategies you can use playing NZ baccarat games online below. Find a list of New Zealand online casinos you can visit and start winning real cash today!
Playing baccarat online is very similar to playing blackjack 21, with a house edge that favours the house a bit less. Players need to aim to get their hand as near to the card total of 9 with two or three cards. Unlike blackjack, players cannot bust, but they can land up with a card total of 0. However, online baccarat New Zealand players can take advantage of three different betting options, this is what makes the house edge so low. Baccarat game players can choose to bet on either their hand or the banker’s hand winning or a tie. Here’s how a typical round goes when you play online baccarat.
Before each hand is evenly dealt out, player’s must place a bet on which hand they believe will win the round. This is a choice between their own hand, the dealer’s hand or a tie.
The dealer then hands out two cards to each the player and the banker. Each hand is scored uniquely on the baccarat table. Face cards and 10 cards equal 0, cards 1 to 9 carry their face value and Aces equal 1. If you hand goes over into double digits, the first number on the left is dropped to give your card total.
Players must calculate their hand total with these card values in mind. Remember, you can’t bust like in blackjack. So, don’t be afraid to ask for another card if your total is low enough.
The player with the hand total closest to 9 wins and whoever placed their wager on that bet wins. However, when you win off the banker, a commission percentage must be paid.
Kiwi online baccarat is played at your own pace and not as quickly as you would at a casino table. Already, that’s one of the best baccarat tips you will ever hear, to take your time. Online baccarat real money can win you heaps of cash, but it’s also easy to hitch a ride on a losing streak. However, if you follow these baccarat basics, you’ll minimise your losses and potentially increase your bankroll significantly.
- Use online baccarat free play: Many top online casinos will allow baccarat online NZ players to enjoy a demo mode of the game. Use this to get a feel of the game and how quickly each winning streak can end. You may not be able to formulate a clear strategy, but you can get a deeper understanding of the game.
- Set limits on your online baccarat game sessions: Whether you’re winning or losing, a responsible gambler knows when to stop. Any winning streak can come tumbling down in no time, so set a goal total that once you reach, you can stop playing. Likewise, set a limit of how much you’re willing to lose before you stop playing too.
- Ride the online baccarat real money results: More often than not, there seems to form a winning streak on one side or the other of the baccarat table. While this won’t last forever, players are encouraged to bet on the hand that is winning the most.
- Avoid tie bets in any casino online baccarat game: The best baccarat sites all recommend not falling for the high baccarat odds of placing a tie bet. This bet may promise to pay out generously, it hardly ever ends in a tie. The best online baccarat bet is usually the banker, which comes at a price.
- Add a bonus to your online baccarat strategy: The top-rewarding casinos online all come with a lucrative welcome bonus when you sign up. Use your free real money to play baccarat on the internet instead of your own, if you’re scared of losing cash.
The baccarat table game is most widely believed to originate from Italy, since the name directly translates from Italian to the English word ‘zero’. This is a direct reference to the cards which often hold the highest values in other table games, all having the value of 0.
Before any baccarat casino was around, the earliest form of the game was around in the 1400s and was made famous by the French Nobility. Later on, the game would soon thrive in other parts of the world where it took on different variations. The two most popular baccarat variants are Chemin de Fer and Punto Banco. Chemin de Fer was most popularly played by James Bond in the original Casino Royal blockbuster.
Today, Kiwi online casino players don’t even need to go to a casino to play baccarat. On the internet, players can access free baccarat with no download required.
- Baccarat Banque: This is a variation of baccarat most commonly played in European casinos, also known as Chemin de Fer. The main difference is the number of players around the table.
- Burn card: This is a strategy used by casinos to eliminate any foul play on both the casino and players side. This is done by removing the top playing card before every round.
- Commission: This is a fee percentage to be collected by the house on every winning bet placed on the banker. This percentage is normally 5% with most casino games.
- Hand: This refers to the cards dealt to each player at the beginning of every round.
- Natural: When a player is dealt a hand equalling 8 or 9, this is seen as a natural win. This ends the round and all bets will be paid out to players who wagered on that hand.
More Casino Games Online