Avalon II slot machine is the sequel to the Microgaming runaway success of the same name. The pokies game follows a similar hunt for the Holy Grail as in the first edition, with slicker and smoother graphics. Dubbed The Quest for the Grail, the pokies game is powered by Microgaming. The developer is renowned for its cutting-edge graphics and winning potential.
The Avalon II pokie machine game has a unique feature in that there are only five reels and no use of the standard paylines you’d find in a pokies game online. In its place, there are an unprecedented 243 ways to win. Read our Avalon II pokie review to find out how to win playing this unique game for real money.
Gameplay & Layout of Avalon II
The Avalon II logo symbol is wild and stacks on all reels. While the Lady of the Lake symbol is also wild and gets bigger until it covers the whole reel whenever it lands on reel three.
Avalon II Slot Bonus Features
There are two bonus features when playing the Avalon II pokie game. The first bonus feature is randomly activated. When it is triggered, Merlin will appear and reward players with either a multiplier or a cash prize.
The second bonus feature is triggered when you hit three or more ‘Holy Grail’ scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. Once this occurs, Kiwi players will start a chain of bonus features round that will go along each time you prompt the bonus feature.
- The first up on the quest is at the Lake of Legends to join Excalibur. Excalibur has been divided into six pieces. Players roll the dice up to ten prizes and are required to get all six of the characters to reforge Excalibur.
- Once you’ve triggered the bonus feature, players will be ushered to the Misty Vale where they’ll get 15 free spins and then select one of the symbols to become an extra wild for the remainder of the free spins.
- Next up is The Forest Falls feature. Get rewards of up to 20 free spins. With each spin, you get the Avalon II symbol. Get it to reaches the bottom of the reels and claim your reward.
- You will be taken to the Whispering Woods feature, which gives you with five shields and you must choose one.
- Keep on spinning until you activate the Dusky Moors feature, where the game displays 12 cards. Turn each card around to reveal the helms. Find two matching helms and you’ll be paid according to the stake on the cards.
- The next bonus feature activates Morgan’s Keep – players get 20 free spins. During the free spins, find any symbols that add to a winning combo and get paid handsomely.
- It doesn’t end there, activate the Hall of Shadows to fight the Black Knight. Choose how to counter his attacks and strike the killer blow to win massive cash prizes. Defeat the Black Knight and you will claim the Holy Grail.
- Last, but not least, the final bonus feature ushers players to the Isle of Avalon where they’ll play a Wheel of Fortune-styled round. Three wheels will spin and several numbers will make up the figures of the multiplier that will be applied to your line bet.
Avalon II Pokie Overall Rating
You will be hard-pressed to find fault in anything about Microgaming’s Avalon II pokie machine. To be honest, it’s got fantastic gameplay with tons of bonus features that are entertaining and payout big. It is definitely more than worth the ticket price. We gave it a four out of five-star rating.